This delicious tandoori chicken recipe will require some patience on your part because you will need to marinate the chicken overnight or for at least 8 hours to infuse the flavors into the chicken.
You will need to plan ahead as this tasty chicken recipe is worth the wait.
You will enjoy this dish and make this delicious chicken recipe over and over again. As our family says “it’s finger licking good!”.
Prep Time: 8 hours or overnight
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 8 ½ hours, minimum or longer if marinated overnight
Yield: 4 servings
• 1 whole chicken skinned and cut into serving pieces
• 1 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
• 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 5 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 ½ Tablespoons grated or crushed fresh ginger
• 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
• ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• 2 teaspoons sea salt
• Olive oil, for brushing
1. Mix well together the greek yogurt, garlic cloves, lemon juice and all the spices listed in the ingredients list.
2. Add the chicken to the yogurt mixture making sure to coat the chicken well. You can do this easily by putting the chicken and marinade into a large plastic storage or freezer bag.
3. Place the container or storage bag in the refrigerator.8 hours later or the next day remove the chicken from the marinade and prepare to bake or grill the chicken.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 450° F.
5. Brush the chicken with olive oil, and cook 30 minutes, turning once, making sure that both sides of the chicken get to a beautiful brown color.
Tips: Do not marinate the chicken for longer than 2 days.
You can grill the chicken instead of roasting.
Nutritional Information - Per serving:
Enjoy making this chicken recipe!