Total Time: 60 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 Four pound organic whole chicken
1½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons marinade
2 sprigs rosemary
1. Heat the oven to 350° F.
2. Wash the chicken and pat dry.
3 .Season the outside and the cavity with the salt and pepper.
4. Gently separate the skin from the chicken flesh and insert the marinade under the skin.
5. Rub some of the marinade in the cavity of the chicken as well.
6. Place the rosemary sprigs in the cavity of the chicken.
7. Place the chicken in a baking dish.
8. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken skin.
9. Place in the oven and bake uncovered for 50 minutes or until the chicken browns.
10. Insert a thermometer in the thigh section to ensure the temperature is 165° F (74 o C).
11. Let the chicken rest about 10 minutes before serving.
Blend the following ingredients to make the marinade:
½ medium onion chopped
5 cloves fresh garlic
6 sprigs fresh thyme
3 sprigs culantro leaves
Juice of ½ a lemon
Sprinkle of salt
Drizzle of olive