This scrumptious oven fried chicken recipe is delicious both hot and cold. It is great for picnics.
Everybody likes fried chicken when enjoying the outdoors with family and friends.
Because this tasty chicken recipe is baked and not deep fried in oil, it is lower in calories and fat and much healthier for you.
Total Time: 50 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2 to 3 servings
One whole chicken cut up in pieces
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup butter
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Add to the flour the garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt and mix.
2. Dredge the cut up chicken in the seasoned flour.
3. In a heavy oven-proof skillet, heat the butter to the point of fragrance.
4. Sauté the chicken lightly, turning from side to side.
5. Remove from the heat and bake until tender in about 35 minutes.
6. Turn after 15 minutes to brown both sides.
Tips: For crispier chicken dip the chicken in milk or egg batter before dredging in flour.
Using cornmeal or bread crumbs will also make the chicken crispier.
Serve this chicken recipe with mashed potatoes and vegetables for a healthy meal.
Get Paid to Write at HomeClick Here to Join!