Prep time: 5 minutes
Grill Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
6 Skinless Chicken Leg Quarters (Bone In)
¼ cup olive oil
3 Tablespoons Sea Salt
2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Paprika
1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
1. In a large bowl combine dry rub ingredients.
2 .Coat the chicken with the rub.
3. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil (enough that they are moist).
4. Cover and place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour while you prep the grill.
5. Place the chicken on the grill around the hot areas.
6. Grill for about 30 minutes, turning as needed.
7. Use a thermometer to be sure the temperature of the chicken has reached 165 ° F (74 ° C for at least 15 seconds.
This recipe is best if the chicken is marinated overnight.
If you use boneless chicken, the grill time is only 20 minutes
1. Add coal to grill, stack in the shape of a pyramid.
2. Spray on lighter fluid and step back, light with a match or a lighter.
3. After 25 minutes the coals should be gray, if so, you are ready to grill.
4. Spread coals evenly.