Savory Tomato Chicken Stew Recipe is an easy to make recipe that your family and friends will enjoy and want more.
Enjoy this delicious and nutritious recipe for chicken stew. Enjoy it with potatoes, rice, vegetables, salad, bread or any other side dish of your choice… And wash it down with your best drink.
Total Time: 50 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Yield: 5 - 6 servings
1 (2 ½ to 3 lb) whole dressed chicken (cut-up in chunks)
Juice of ½ fresh lime or lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 stalk celery (cut into small sizes)
½ cup chopped onion
¼ cup chopped fennel
½ cup chicken stock
2 cups chopped or strained tomatoes (use non fat and no sodium products)
1 teaspoon finely sliced fresh ginger
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
3 cloves garlic (sliced)
1 tablespoon sliced culantro
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1. Use the fresh lime juice to clean chicken and rinse with water.
2. Heat the olive oil in a deep pot or saucepan.
3. Add the celery, onion and fennel. Reduce to medium heat and sauté for about 4 minutes or until onion is translucent.
4. Add chicken, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add chicken stock and bring to boil then simmer at medium-low heat.
6. Add tomato and cover the pot partially. Stir occasionally and cook for about 34 minutes.
7. Stir in ginger, fresh thyme, garlic, culantro, and red pepper flakes.
8. Add salt and cook for 3 more minutes.
Serve with vegetables, potatoes, salad, rice or bread or any other side dish of your choice. Bon Appétit!
Get Paid to Write at HomeClick Here to Join!