Try this tasty chicken fried rice recipe that can stand up to any take-out recipe. It is quick and easy to prepare, no fuss, no big mess to clean up.
This tasty recipe will have you going back for seconds and thirds. It is great as a left-over.
Total Time: 22 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 12 min
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
• 2 large eggs
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 4 chicken cutlets, cut into strips
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 4 small carrots cut in thin strips
• 1 ½ cups broccoli cut into small pieces
• 4 cups previously cooked brown rice
• 6 scallions, sliced
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and chop and stir with a fork for about one minute or until just cooked. Remove the eggs from the pan and set aside on a plate.
2. In a bowl, season chicken cutlets strips with salt and pepper. Pour sesame oil over chicken coating well.
3. In the same large frying pan, stir fry the chicken cutlet strips on high heat. You will use about 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil to do this. Stir fry about 4 to 5 minutes or until the chicken cutlet strips are brown.
4. Add the broccoli and carrots and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes until onion is translucent.
6. Add the cooked brown rice and scallions and mix thoroughly until the rice is hot. You may need to add 2 more tablespoons of vegetable oil as you do this.
7. Pour the soy sauce in the mixture, stirring to mix evenly. Remove the stir fry from the heat and stir in the chopped cooked egg.
Tips: You can use canola oil in the place of vegetable oil
You can use peas in the place of broccoli.
Invite your friends over to enjoy this tasty recipe and listen to them rave!