Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
• 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 ½ cups vertically sliced onion
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• ½ cup, less-sodium chicken broth
• 2 plum tomatoes, diced
• 2 cups (½-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
• 1 cup diced zucchini
• ½ cup sliced celery
1. Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
2. Bring 2 cups of water to boil and add butternut squash and cook until done.
3. Drain the liquid and set the cooked squash aside.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken to the pan, sauté 5 minutes or until almost browned, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove chicken from pan, reduce heat to medium.
6. Add onion to pan. Cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
7. Add garlic until fragrant.
8. Add celery, zucchini and tomatoes and cook until tender.
9. Add chicken stock and red pepper flakes.
10. Return chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
11. Remove from heat.
1. You can substitute the butternut squash with sweet potatoes
2. You can serve this dish over rice
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Rest Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 - 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 - 60 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
• 1tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 1/3 cup chicken stock
• 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (4 lemons)
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
• 2 teaspoons sea salt
• ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 lemon sliced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
1. Pat dry the chicken breasts.
2. Warm the olive oil in a skillet on high heat.
3. Season the chicken breasts with salt and sear in skillet until slightly brown.
4. Remove from skillet and place in baking dish. Sprinkle the black pepper on the top of the chicken breasts.
5. Lower the heat to medium-low and add the minced garlic to the skillet. Cook for 1 minute but don’t allow the garlic to turn brown.
6. Remove from the heat and add the chicken stock, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley and thyme.
7. Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts.
8. Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and tuck them among the pieces of chicken.
9. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is done. Remove from the oven.
10. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes. Serve hot with the pan juices.
Tips: You can substitute the chicken stock with dry white wine.
You can substitute the Italian parsley with oregano